For those who don’t already know, Forbidden Island, our best-selling cooperative family adventure game by designer Matt Leacock, is now available for the iPad. The iOS version was created by talented independent developers, Button Mash Games, and keeps the feeling and tension of the original game, all in a digital format. The digital version features co-operative game play for 2-4 players, single player gameplay, multiple board layouts, unlimited saved games, beautiful artwork and an interactive tutorial.
We just released version 1.1 today, making it the first major update since its launch last November. Among the major improvements is the ability to unlock additional island configurations. See below for new features and improvements to this five-star rated app
** New Features! **
- 1 new island shape available immediately (Treasure Island)
- 10 new island shapes available through 1 in-app purchase.
- 11 new GameCenter Achievements for winning the game on each of the new islands.
** Improvements! **
- Better Facebook and Twitter integration: now you can choose to post/tweet game wins and losses without enabling automatic Achievement posting/tweeting.
- Saved games now show the difficulty setting and Island shape in the Resume screen.
- Corrected the Explorer’s movement options when using the Navigator’s ability: he can now move diagonally.
- Improved launch time when starting a game.
Follow this link to purchase a copy of the game on iTunes: http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/forbidden-island/id427419772?mt=8